Saturday, August 10, 2013

Saturday morning in Bozeman, MT

Awoke in my tipi and stepped out into ground fog and orange sun pulling itself up behind the mountains. This is my third day on my road trip and I think I deserve a hot breakfast so time to find a cafe. Still trying to perfect slow motion camp coffee and experimenting with different techniques. For now heating water then adding grounds before it boils, let it steep for few minutes, then pour into filter which is perched over coffee thermos. Get some over spillage, but most coffee makes into thermos. My brother John swears on Aero Press so I will try to find it in Bozeman.

Broke camp, pretty easy since I don't have to break down tent!  Headed into Bozeman and pulled over along Main Street where parking is free and the streets are wide. Nice downtown with elements of small town with just the right feel of modern motion without crazy city bustle. Everyone meanders along sidewalks and time is a bit slower or maybe that's just me without a shower for 3 days....

Found perfect little place called - Main Street Overeasy. You gotta try their bacon they cook it on the grill so it is hot on your plate. I got a birds eye view of kitchen while sitting at the counter. Also met some folks next to me that had lived in Portland, San Diego and now San Francisco. Even got the cooks to wave for a pocket shot so I could show them off to blog.

I am writing this from Bozeman Public Library which was LEED certified in 2006. Beautiful structure with lots of open skylights and big beams.

Well, it's noon now so I better get back on the road. Don't think I will make Sundance, Wyoming tonight. As brother Brad said, slow down, it's all about the journey not the destination.

Signing off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creekside in Great Smoky Mountain

Creekside in Great Smoky Mountain